Saturday, October 15, 2011

Loss

I am learning about loss this month it seems. I found out that a teacher, Jerry Samuel Workman, who was like a father to me was dying of stage 4 colorectal cancer September 24. I had a second date that day with a wonderful woman I had met the previous weekend. The two dates that we had were happy affairs, but she was going to San Diego for a week to visit her sons and make some money on some jobs. I drove out to Pecos, TX where I grew up to see him, tell him I loved him, and say goodbye on October 1st. He died on October 6, 2011. I drove back to Pecos, TX for his memorial service, October 8th. That was a sad day. The world has lost a good man who was an excellent educator who helped build a better world and better people. The woman has not returned any emails, texts, or phone calls. It's been almost three weeks now. Chances are I won't see her again which is heartbreaking because she was a sweet, wonderful woman who was a lot of fun to be with. She was very wise, but she didn't realize how wise she was. So, I've lost a man who had a profound effect on my life and probably a woman who brought out the best in me as much I brought out the best in her.

Labels:


Comments:
Very sad about your teacher Jphn

I hope he lived to a ripe old age.

I'm increasingly finding dating women long distance throws in too many issues to be worth it - one can't know who their friends are - or just drop in on them.

Pete
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?