Friday, October 09, 2009

Web Page Text Smeared When Scrolling Down

I've had this annoying issue for some time. When I scroll down a web page displayed in Firefox lines of text disappear or are duplicated. The pages were not rendering correctly in Firefox on either my laptop or my home Linux workstation. It was the ATI Radeon display driver for Linux. If I set the nomodeset bootup parameter for either the 2.6.30 or 2.6.31 kernel in either system the problem goes away. I should have done something about this problem a lot sooner, but I thought it was an issue with KDE4 or Firefox, not the damn display driver.

Still having problems with the X-server crashing. I had to remove the nomodeset boot parameter in menu.lst. Performing the following:

apt-get install fglrx-driver

likely resolved the issue since the fglrx-driver is for 2-D graphics for ATI cards. Nothing else seemed to work.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?