Monday, October 19, 2009

Interesting Times

I am currently trying to collect unemployment benefits from the state of Texas. I was released from my job back in August. I filed for benefits immediately. Although the state says that I am eligible to collect unemployment, my status is now listed as "under review". When I tried to call the Texas Workforce Commission this morning, the automated system stated that I could not be accommodated at this time and shuttled me into the automated equivalent of oblivion. By automating services they've made things cheaper, and not just in the sense of providing services, but in the sense of not providing services. The benefits come in the form of a JP Morgan Chase debit card. What a scam!

Labels:


Comments:
Good luck with the System John.

Its a little better here in Australia.

Pete
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?