Saturday, February 10, 2007

Flags of Our Fathers

I bought Flags of Our Fathers the other day. It's an excellent film. Surprisingly, it's more an antiwar film than a war film. I urge people to rent or buy the DVD and watch it. It's a sad movie and it shows the hypocrisy of the wealthy and powerful, the guilt the survivors feel because they are alive and their closest friends are dead, and it shows what men have to do to survive under conditions no one should have to endure, but somehow they do. I really want to see Letters from Iwo Jima more than ever to see the other side of the story. I already know the ending. The past is dead and buried, but I wish to know their stories none-the-less, for they were once flesh-and-blood men with lives and passions and feelings. All of them, American and Japanese deserve to be remembered.
Comments:
We just watched this movie yesterday. As I am someone who does not know too much about history, it really shed a lot of light on what went on surrounding the war memorial/photograph.
 
This film is on our must see list!
 
I haven't seen either of these movies yes, but I am looking forward to watching them. I am an American, and my wife is Japanese, so watching these movies, will definitely stir mixed feelings.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?