Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Hard Thing and the Right Thing

Watching The Weather Man. Read the thoughtful review. Like the following dialog:

Robert Spritz: David, sacrifice is... to get anything of value, you have to sacrifice.
Dave Spritz: I know that Dad, but I think that if we continue down this road, it's gonna be too detrimental for the kids. It's just too hard.
Robert Spritz: Do you know that the harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing? Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life.
Comments:
I think that's baloney. The reason I think that is that I have made beaucoup mistakes because I thought my first spontaneous answer or solution just couldn't be that simple, so I would work hard and mess up that which was obvious at the level of easy.
I hope that's edifying!
 
I don't know but I think we should always find an easy way out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?