Monday, July 17, 2006

My Human Condition

I have come off of an extremely busy week. I currently have the main theme of Spartacus, or a snippet of it running in my head. Watch it. Good flick. Another touching movie is Everything is Illuminated.

Met a really nice woman and got to take her out to dinner this evening. Wish she were happier. She's got a lot on her plate right now and nothing I do to cheer her up seems to help. I suppose that the wisest course of action is to give her space. I shouldn't try to help her, but give her help when she asks.

Perhaps, I am learning detachment, enlightened detachment. The art of not caring about the consequences of my actions, but lightly touching.

My life is spinning and in flux. Center, breathe, detach, observe, act when needed. Must remember that! Try not to try.
Comments:
"She's got a lot on her plate right now and nothing I do to cheer her up seems to help".

So why try to cheer up someone, isn't her response appropriate given the situations she is dealing with in her life?

If she had been "super" happy you might have been writing about how 'mixed up' she seemed.

Why try to fix someone, maybe SHE is not broken!
 
Never said she was broken. Perhaps the lesson here is acceptance. Realixing that she's perfect as she is at this moment. And I have told her the latter statement.
 
It is anonymous who is broken?
 
John, it's encouraging that you are lettingn your observations teach you. Keep watching, friend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?