Friday, June 23, 2006

When One isn't Mindful

There is a Zen story of a Zen Master who admonished himself for forgetting where he put his umbrella. He berated himself for not being more mindful. Well, I just did that. I composed an email for one person and through habit, I sent it to another person. Just as I clicked on "Send", I realized my mistake. Oops, mea culpa. Mistake made in less than one second due to unconsciousness. While this was a minor error, it's a warning to be more mindful. But you say, "Don't beat yourself up". The whole point of Zen is to practice mindfulness - to walk the razor's edge of the Now. I failed myself by not being mindful. I missed the mark of human existence. What happens when I drive my car and I'm not mindful?
Comments:
Berate yourself mindfully.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?