Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Things That Matter

I was reflecting that I've done nothing of note my entire weekend off, and then I realized that:

I shared laughter and meals with good friends.
I comforted a loved one and told her that I loved her.
I cleaned up after a sick cat.
I am content with what I've been given in Life.
I realized that nothing I do will have any lasting effect on the World with the exception of a kind word, a laugh, or a kind act, and even those things will be forgotten in this World.

These are the things that matter none-the-less.
Comments:
and poor 'ol Donald Trump, he still believes that what he does matters
 
Well yes, these things matter more than becoming or being enlightened.
 
I'm glad for you, John.

It seems to me that ordinary things can matter the most.
 
"La-la-la-la-la-life is wonderful."

(Jason Mraz)
 
we deal with what comes to us, if we do it well, good, what comes is always changing, never stops, slows now and then, rises and falls, just wait and be alert.

I have a 5 year old in a body cast, one leg and waist, and just got back from Las Colinas Emerg with her 86 year old great grandmother who fell while taking care of her, one arm in a cast and sling, maybe broken, unsure, just have to do the best we can. Life goes on. Oh yeah, the car battery was dead upon preparing to go to Hosp, someone left radio on, this coincided with a small thunder storm that knocked out the electricity for 4 hours. Just have to see what comes and do.
 
When you understand throughout, the wrongs are not wrong. Things only seem to go wrong; the universe is in perfect order.
 
sounds like an excellent weekend. Laughter and food with friends is tops on my list of to-dos.

I've spent the first day of mine with rental landscaping goats and will be spending today the same. That and long conversations with the goat owner about his goats and life is turning into a unusual and perfect weekend.

utterly "small" and mundane, but perfect.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?