Monday, June 19, 2006

Insights

A mask fell off last night and I discovered that I'm a scared little boy in a 44-year old body. What is that boy afraid of? Nothing substantial it turns out. What disturbs me the most is that that fear has lived so long in me and I am only now addressing it.

I was reading the latest entry in Scott Adam's blog. Here I am laughing so hard tears are in my eyes when he is describing cleaning the cat box is a joy. It's like panning for gold even if the gold is cat poop. His theme was about the best gift to give someone which was laughter.

I realized then that my short list of gifts to give would be love, laughter, compassion, and joy. Money doesn't last. Material gifts are forgotten, break, or lost. Gifts of anger or pain should not be given or accepted. So, the list is fairly short and sweet.
Comments:
Sometimes you have to express anger or pain.
Nobody is perfect.
Spare the rod, spoil the child.
You don't have to be one-sided.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?