Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Recognition in Reflection

I gaze into your eyes. It is I gazing back.
I speak to you. I hear my own voice reply, but it is not "my" voice.
I touch you. I feel my face.
It is the first time I've felt it before.
I inhale your lovely perfume. It is my own scent,
It is the first time I have smelled it before.
I send you an email. The reply is my own.
I IM you. I read my own reply.
The relative masking the absolute, like looking at one's reflection in a mirror or still pond.
How Zen!
I blink and truly see myself for the first time.
The body and mind are not mine, but the essence is.
I recognize myself clearly.
I want to tell you that I love you, but it would be a relative truth.
Yang desiring Yin. Yang attracted to Yin.
I am only loving myself, only the mind and body are different.
Such love is in-clusive, not ex-clusive.
Though other reflections will appear dirtier than this one, each reflection is perfect in that moment.
That is the absolute truth for now.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?