Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Insane to a Degree

Annie wrote a response to the dream entry I wrote about a week ago. She is right about me causing my own suffering. I awoke this morning around 3:00 AM and my mind was going around and around with my response to her comment. I realized that my mind still runs my life and I am unconscious. My mind is keeping me from the Now and causing me suffering. I haven't let the past go entirely. My mind goes from my response to her to worrying about how long it will take to get my car fixed today. The battery died yesterday and a stranger was kind enough to give me a jumpstart. I drove to AutoZone and replaced the battery because it tested bad. I had the kid at the store test the car with the new battery and it shows that I have an alternator problem. Carmax told me to take the car to a Ford dealer since it's still within the original warranty. So, it's off to Ford I go this morning.
So, my mind alternates between past and future. Time to just accept where I am at and focus on the Now.

I'm finally back from the Ford dealer. They didn't get the part in until 1:00 P.M and I was there at 7:00 A.M.. The alternator wasn't bad. A spark plug wire and the coil assembly had to be replaced. Car runs fine now. Nothing wrong with the charging system once the ignition parts were repaired. Counterintuitive how an ignition assembly could kill a battery. Must have affected the computer as well. Finished Thud! by Terry Pratchett while at the dealership. Not as funny as Going Postal, but I enjoy Sam Vimes and the Watch.
Comments:
Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your car. I'd say The Now is right for you, and couldn't have come at a better time. Now is The Time.
 
Drop the Now. It is an illusion.
Go with flow. Accept it. Don't be lazy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?