Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Blahs about work

Well slept on and off overnight. Stayed up until 4:00 PM trying to reset my body clock. Brian called me at 6:00 PM wondering where I ws noticed that I was out of it when I answered the phone. Trying to decide whether to flamethrower the whole apartment (massive cleanup) or just meditate. I COULD do all kinds of stuff, but I really don't feel like doing anything at the moment. Both cats are asleep. I miss SMU Plano. I really enjoyed that job. Even though they worked my ass off. I was physically active. I was either building computer classrooms or performing system administration or computer security. After being let go and working for Microsoft for 9 months, I started to gain a little middle age spread around the waist. My friends laugh at me and I should laugh at myself I suppose. Brian isn't too far off when he says that he's lost more weight than I weigh. I can't really complain about my current job. It's quiet. There's little to do because the Intrusion Detection Systems aren't tuned and the company is relying on canned signatures provided by the vendor. I'd be happier oif we were running Snort in parallel with bleeding dge signatures to see what traffic we are missing, but that will never happen. I've been tuning the IDS where I can, but that's almost a lost cause as well. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have a decent job. It pays the bills. The hours are terrible, but on the bright side no managers are there to bug us. I get 3.5 days off to do as I please. So, what's wrong with this picture? Perhaps, it's because I'm a smart guy and I'm working for a brain dead telecom. My supervisor is a sharp guy, but he's being overworked doing things other than his job. It doesn't make any sense to volunteer because then they'll increase our workload without paying us more. We're starting to see brain drain. Three guys have left since I started last March. Oh well, obviously my ego is budy finding fault when I suppose I should be feeling compassion because everyone is unconscious to an extent, even me. Time to forgive myself as well.I hope I've done some good in this life and made the world a richer place as well as touched some lives and given them some brief joy. Blessings to everyone I know and much love, especially the women who have to sit there and listen to us men whine a lot. Everyone - FIND YOUR BLISS!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?